Thursday, August 2, 2012

Naughty Rabbit!

I have been noticing over the past week that Penny has not seemed interested in playing with me at all.  She'll leave her cage when I let her out, hop around and explore everything but when I try to play with her she doesn't respond to it.  Penny doesn't even like her toys that all these other rabbit owners swear she'd love.  But she's not depressed so it's not like she's just unhappy.

Last night I was doing some more research and started putting the little Penny Puzzle together.  You see, Penny will come to me when I ignore her and then run off once I start petting her.  She loves to get into places she isn't supposed to be.  When I'm reading a book (not on my Kindle) she will come over, hop right on top of it and start chewing on it.  Penny always does a little binky (jumps way up in the air and flicks her ears and feet around) when I find her in a corner, under a table or a bed.

Ladies and gentlemen, I officially have a naughty rabbit!  :)  She plays with me by getting caught!  So, instead of buying her all these rabbit toys I keep seeing, I just need to leave her scrap paper or old phone books to tear up.  When she comes to me and then runs off, it's her wanting me to chase her around.  She get's excited when I find her somewhere because it's like playing hide-and-seek.  This also explains her game of running like a mad rabbit around her cage until I look at her and then she stops.  But the second I turn my head away she runs like crazy.  This has become a daily morning routine with her.

Once I pieced this all together we had a totally different play time last night.  She actually seems happier this morning too.  I'm working on training her to come when she's called but I don't see myself being successful with that since she seems to have a thing for getting in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment