Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baby Fever

So I won't make an absolute statement but I think I can confidently say most couples go through baby fever at least once a year.  Chris and I are definitely no exception.  To me there are different levels of "The Fever"

Level 1:

Level 1 is nothing to be worried about.  I hit Level 1 A LOT!  It usually happens when your friends and family are pregnant or your favorite TV character is due to have their baby in the season finale.  This is the Level where you just find yourself thinking  "I wonder what if feels like to be pregnant." "Man, it'll be cool to be a parent someday." and then you go on thinking of names for a while.  You can easily talk yourself out of it for the time being.

Level 2:

Level 2 usually lasts longer.  It usually consists of me asking Chris when he wants kids and talking about it a little more.  This is what happens after I hold a little babies or play with peoples well-behaved kids or watch my husband play with kids.  He is AWESOME with kids!!  I think awesome is an understatement, frankly.  We have yet to come across kids that don't like him.  Most will hunt him down at group events to play.  I just get excited to have children with someone who is so enthusiastic about kids.

Level 3:

Danger Zone haha!  I'm at Level 3 right now which kind of sucks.  Basically, I want a baby...right now.  It's the danger zone for us because as of Wednesday I was taken off of my birth control and I have to stay off of it for about a month.  I also have an allergy to latex soooo that limits other methods of birth control for us.  Anyways, it's even MORE tempting to try for our first because now we know we have a huge possibility of getting pregnant.  I played "pregnant belly" in front of the mirror the other day with a small rolled-up blanket under my shirt.  Yeah....it's bad.

I want babies :(

Level 4:

Level 4 is psychotic but I'm including it more for comedic purposes.  At least, it's funny to me in fictional situations.  I usually see this in T.V. shows where the baby fever is so bad that one spouse will trick the other into having a baby.  In Desperate Housewives, one of the husbands puts sugar pills in his wife's BC package and she gets pregnant.  Other shows the wife will spit her pill out or something.  Obviously, I'd never do that lol.  I think Chris would kill me.

Scrubs had an episode where a woman tried to steal a baby haha  Or like Raising Arizona where they steal a baby.


I don't think Chris and I will be having kids any time soon so you can just stop getting excited! ;)


4 comments:

  1. Baby's are fun! I updated my blog with pictures so go take a look. It might just add to your baby fever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao !!! Dang it, I was all kinds of excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete