Wednesday, July 11, 2012

HOPPY Anniversary!

Christopher and I have just celebrated our two year wedding anniversary on June 26!  We decided to drive out to Saarbrucken that evening to have drinks at our favorite spot on the walkplatz, dinner at our favorite restaurant out there and then a drink at our favorite little outdoor spot a little off the walkplatz.  We returned home to have Champagne and intended to to watch Casablanca but I was very sleepy.  It was still perfect!!

The traditional gifts for the second anniversary are Cotton or China.  We really don't have any need for fine china right now so we went with cotton.  I decided to get Chris a new pearl-snap cotton western-style shirt.  It is just like the green one he already has except gray this time.  Chris rarely gets to buy these shirts because they are so expensive.  So this was pretty special to him.  He loved it!



For my gift, Chris got creative :)  He bought me a fuzzy little COTTON-tailed bunny!!  I love my husband so much and love that he caters to my weakness for small fluffy creatures!

Meet Penny:





Penny was born April 10 and we adopted her June 28.  So she just turned 3 months old yesterday!  We went to the pet store to just take a look at rabbits and she kept following me as I walked around the huge pin then had them in.  So Chris went and grabbed a store associate and asked if I could hold her.  We bonded right away.  She wasn't squirming while I held her and I was able to walk around the store with her.  There was no way she wasn't coming home with me!  Just look at those little lopped ears of hers! :)  I love her so much.  We're pretty sure she loves being here.  Penny is always lounging around or when she has her exercise time she climbs all over us and does several "binkies."  A "binky" is where bunny will jump way up and flick her feet around.  Sometimes she'll do 3 or 4 in a row.  This is to let me know she is joyful!  Nothing feels better than to know my little baby is happy in her new home.  She is such a sweetheart and I love having her around the house to play! We are looking forward to getting her outdoor equipment so on sunny days she can play outside in a little pinned-off area.  Penny is our little baby right now and I spoil the crap out of her haha.


Another part of our anniversary was getting new tattoos!  Chris got Deadpool's logo which is pretty awesome but definitely needs to be touched up.  Deadpool is Chris' FAVORITE Marvel character and, if you know my husband, you know how much he loves Marvel comics!  He decided to get it on his right arm kind of up by the shoulder.  It took the artist a while to finish it and we think he just started getting sloppy when filling it all in because there are several uneven parts.  I will post a picture of the finished product once we have it perfected.  He goes back in 2 weeks to have it inspected and fixed.  For now, here is a picture from the internet of what he got:






My tattoo is the word "Love" in a whimsical little font on my left wrist.  




It is small and simple and seems pointless to just about everyone.  But it is a CONSTANT reminder to me.  I was just pulled from one of the deepest and darkest pits I have ever been in in my life thanks to my God.  The "Love Lifted Me" hymn is the first thing to run through my head every time I look down.  I am reminded of how great my Father's love is.  That I strayed so far from Him but the SECOND - The. Very. Second. - I cried out for help, He loved me so much that He pulled me out by the seat of my pants so fast it almost seemed unreal.

Psalm 40 Reads:



I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry. 
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 
    out of the mud and mire; 
he set my feet on a rock 
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! I "LOVE" the new tattoo and the special meaning behind it. Such a great reminder of what an amazing Father we have.

    ReplyDelete