Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bring Me That Dallas Skyline

Chris gave me one amazing early birthday present this year!  A whole month in Dallas to spend with family and friends!  As much as I wanted him to come with me, his mistress, the USAF, demanded he stay in Germany.  So it became a solo trip.

THE FLIGHT HIGHLIGHTS:
-There was a man on my flight with two small girls (3 and 4 years old).  After making sure to bad mouth his ex wife to every flight attendant and inform the whole flight that she up and left them, he proceeded to crack bad jokes the rest of the time about everything.  You know, just one of those guys that always has to be the comedian.  Except he really was not funny at all.  BUT!  Ohhh, LET. ME. TELL. YOU!  His daughters were sooooo unbelievably adorable and sweet!  :)
-US Air decided it wasn't enough that we already paid about $900 for the flight so they charged us for head phones, all alcoholic beverages and newspapers.  Thankfully I did not need any of these things because THIS girl brought muscle relaxers and a Kindle.  I was happy they did not charge us for any in-flight movies or t.v. shows.
-They served me a sandwich that could have survived a nuclear blast.  I took 2 bites and became genuinely concerned for my digestive system and my heart.  It was like eating a dog toy.
-I borrowed my friend's large suitcase since Delta mangled mine back in December.  Well, I was so tired when I landed in Charlotte that I forgot I had hers and started looking for MINE!  I started getting so pissed off and was talking to the guy next to me at baggage claim saying "Omg I cannot believe they lost my bag!  What a bunch of idiots."  Well then I look down and see my big ol' slice of humble pie (aka: the suitcase) on the carousel and it must have gone around at least 3 times haha!  I walked around to the complete other side of the carousel, made sure the guy couldn't see me, grabbed my suitcase and ran off to customs LOL!  
-When I finally arrived in Dallas my whole immediate family was there to pick me up!!  I walked through the revolving door and saw this guy with a big dumb grin on his face and was like "THAT'S MY BROTHER!!" haha  Then as Jeff is putting me down I see my Mom and Dad coming up to me all smiles and chipper!  

No comments:

Post a Comment