Friday, March 16, 2012

Deployment Project

We found out towards the end of 2011 Chris would be deployed in July.  A lot of things keep changing just about every week so the length of it is unknown.  Either way, he'll likely be gone during all of the holidays.  I still consider us to be pretty lucky for a few reasons:

1.  We've had and still have plenty of time to emotionally and financially prepare for this as well as get any paperwork or house issues taken care of prior to deployment.
2.  We are spending our second anniversary in a row together (pending his deployment goes as planned) which I hear is a rare thing these days.
3.  He shouldn't be in a combat zone (again, pending his deployment goes as planned)

I will need to stay busy during his deployment to keep myself out of trouble.  By "trouble" I mean buying a puppy.  I've had mad puppy fever for a while now and predict it will worsen when my husband is gone.  I do have plans to be in school in the Fall as well as working some kind of part time job, even if that means working in the BX warehouse.  But, I also like to do home projects.  Now, any of you who had the hilarious pleasure of seeing my bedroom when I lived with Dub know painting rooms is not exactly my bread and butter.  So that's out of the question.  Plus without Chris' supervision, who knows what colors he'll come home to.

So, I've decided to make this chair!


The idea is for this chair to someday grace the guest bedroom.  It's perfect for the travel theme we decided on.  Also, it will match the night stand which will also be made of old suitcases.  However, while we live in this house it will just have to be in Chris' office since an entire wall of the small guest room is a huge closet.

I do plan on seeking outside help with this to ensure it doesn't look like an accident AND to make sure it's safe to sit in!  Last thing I need is a lawsuit from someone with a chair leg stuck in their rear.

With all of this keeping me busy I shouldn't have time to think about clumsy, cuddly puppies.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment